Wednesday 16 February 2011

Resisting isness ?

It is said that much suffering is caused by resistance to isness.
Consider then your reaction to a dog turd. You come downstairs early in the morning and there in the middle of the kitchen floor it is, a kanine calling card. You are instantly enraged. How dare it be there? How dare the dog be so disrespectful. ? Why must I have to deal with this in the early morning when I am sleepy and prone to nausia, why is my life so full of shit ?
All that psychic energy burnt and expended within your head and to what avail ? The dog turd remains unmoved in it's stoic isness.
Would it not be wiser when confronted with a mongrels morsel to bow graciously to the inevitable ?
It is here, it must me moved, I must do this, this is unpleasent but not difficult, have I not lovingly changed a thousand napies without raging ? and is it not still a wonderful day in an abundant world where I am loved.
Dosnt that feel better ?
Is it not our resistance to the isness not the isness itself that causes us to experience suffering.

When we abide with the isness everything becomes easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment